Monday 22 September 2008

turn and face the strain

I'm feeling the wrong side of stressed these days. All the suddenly it's starting to sink in that my plans are all changing and things are going to be very different for me in a wee while. I don't like change....I never have. I'm trying my best these days to appreciate that this is a juvenile sentiment and that I should (at least attempt) to embrace change as a positive and necessary facet of my life. But I'll be honest, this is tough going at best.

This week I've been going through my things and deciding which are precious enough to make the intercontinental move once again. It is frightening how many books I seem to be able to accumulate (and unable to part with ) in such a short time. Unfortunately there are luggage restrictions so some of them will have to be re-homed. This is my biggest hate of the whole transitory-moving existence that I have made for myself. I like my things. Not because they cost a lot or anything like that, but because they are mine. This is something that scares me a lot about the prospect of being an FSO...how do you have a home without the people that make you feel like you and without your things??

No comments: