Wednesday 31 December 2008

walking in a winter wonderland

i've had a visitor from the uk to brighten my enforced canadian boredom over the festive period. brlliant. and more than just making me happy with his fabulous presence and reminding me how much i miss my second home....it also reminded me that i live in a pretty cool country right now. huh, who'd of thunk it. seeing canada through the eyes of someone who had never been to canada....the snow, the mountains, the quaintness, the polite niceties...it was an eye opener. and just what i needed. i found myself marveling alongside him at how amazing it is to sit in hot springs watching big, fat snow flakes collect in our hair while looking out over the snow capped mountains. i forgot just how lucky i've been to grow up here and get to take part in the 'alberta advantage' and the gorgeous natural heritage that surrounds us here.

a bit sappy i guess....but i'm feeling very positive these days. i had decided i was going to follow through with this job a while ago and came to terms with that meaning i would have to move back to canada for a time, but i never really came around to being happy about that. now i feel like this remembered appreciation for my country will go a long way to making me excited to work for it''s government and be an integral participant in the fabric of it's society. about time i guess!! thanks d, and happy new year everyone xxxx

No comments: