Tuesday 4 November 2008

all my bags are packed

The time for denial is over (well sort of)...I finally have a departure date for leaving the UK. Came a bit as a surprise to be honest, I spoke to my mum on the phone about booking a flight home and the next day received an e-mail from my father telling me when I needed to arrive for the plane on November 12th. Parents are interesting creatures. Efficient though.

To be honest, reading the details in black and white shocked me a bit because it was finally a fait accompli, I am going and with only another week to say goodbye to the UK (and all the people who make the UK the place I wanna be most in the world). After a wee cry and a reminder from a very dear friend that I was never going to be any more ready to leave, I found that I am after all ready. That doesn't mean that I want to go, I love so many things here, but I a'm ready to take the next step.

Still no word on security clearance.

No comments: